Ken-Rock Community Center is accepting applications for Volunteer Softball/Football/Soccer/Basketball Coaches.
The normal work schedule will vary between 2 and 5 hours per week and may include evening and
weekend work: and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL AND IMPORTANT DUTIES:
• Serve as a positive role model to the players and parents
• Teach basketball skills through effectively planned practices at a level appropriate for each
member of the team
• Organize the players to participate in games and coach them during games
• Preside over team activities including all scheduled team practices and games
• Teach sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one’s team
• Monitor players personal conduct during games
• Provide a safe and enjoyable environment for all players, giving each child an equal
opportunity to participate
• Performs related duties as required
Ability to work well with children of various ages; basic knowledge of basketball; willingness to
learn and follow community center rules and guidelines regarding youth sports; prior coaching experience is
helpful but not required.
Education/experience: Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide
the required knowledge and skills is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills
• Previous experience in coaching children in some type of sport
• Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a
level necessary for successful coaching performance
Apply to: John Guth at 815-398-8864 or email: email@example.com